Dental anxiety is a common occurrence among our patients, which is why we offer nitrous oxide. This helps patients take the edge off while getting dental procedures, whether it is a root canal, root planing and scaling, or an extraction.
Nitrous oxide is also referred to as laughing gas and given by having a mask placed over the patient’s nose and mouth so they can inhale the gas. The patient is monitored by Dr. Joseph Alexander the entire time.
There are many benefits to choosing nitrous oxide as a way for dental sedation, such as the following:
- It wears off quickly, so you can still drive yourself
- It is a safe and effective form of sedation.
- The level of sedation can be controlled by the dentist, increasing or decreasing the gas.
- Patients resume normal activities immediately after their dental appointment.
- Sensations experienced with nitrous oxide include relaxation, euphoria, and relief from anxiety and tension.
If you have a dental appointment coming up, contact Greenville Family Dentistry in TX about nitrous oxide sedation.